Velvet Underground - nyc
- Songer: Velvet Underground
- Album's title: nyc
- Genre: Rock
Revisited Records – NYC-1,
Revisited Records – N.Y.C. 1.
Type: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Limited Edition, Reissue, Unofficial Release, Clear Red
Date of released: 1990
Style: Alternative Rock
- 11790 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 2184 downloads at 22 mb/s
|A1||–The Velvet Underground||I Can't Stand It||8:03|
|A2||–The Velvet Underground||Sheltered Life||2:54|
|A3||–Nico||I'm Not Sayin||2:49|
|A4||–The Velvet Underground||She's My Best Friend||3:03|
|B1||–The Velvet Underground||Move Right In||2:41|
|B2||–The Velvet Underground||Andy's Chest||2:56|
|B3||–Nico||The Last Mile||2:23|
|B4||–The Velvet Underground||Here She Comes Now||2:23|
|B5||–The Velvet Underground||Rock 'N' Roll||5:13|
- Recorded At – La Cave
- Recorded At – Record Plant, N.Y.C.
- Manufactured By – The Record Plant, Melbourne, AU
NotesA3 is listed as "I'm not sayin'" on label and "I'm not sayn" on back cover.
There is a symbol inscribed into the runout area on side A directly after "PJF" that can be described as a question mark on top of a triangle [see photo].
N.Y.C.1. on spine.
A1, B1: recorded in October 1968 at La Cave, Cleveland.
A2, B4: demo acetates, probably december 1965, New York City, New York.
A3, B3: Nico 7", 1965 (Nico - I'm Not Sayin / The Last Mile).
A4, B2, B5: rough mix demos, 1969 (Record Plant Studios, New York City, New York).
There are five more or less different versions of this album.
1. Grey/white label. B/w sleeve. Velvet Underground* - nyc
2. Blue marbled color. Vinyl. Black label. B/w sleeve. Velvet Underground* - nyc
3. Green marbled color vinyl. Black label. B/w sleeve.
4. Red vinyl. Grey/white label. B/w sleeve with orange "limited edition - coloured vinyl" sticker. 1990 reissue from Italy. [This]
5. Clear vinyl. Amazing Kornyfone label. Plain sleeve with green/black inlay. 1990 reissue from Italy. Velvet Underground* - nyc
1-4 have the same matrix numbers. 5 is different (009-B / 009-A, labels are inverted).
Only the Revisited editons have liner notes on back cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): NYC-1Ⓐ PJF [symbol] ML 10006 Ⓐ
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): NYC-1-B
|NYC-1||Velvet Underground*||nyc (LP, Comp, Unofficial)||Revisited Records||NYC-1||Australia||1989|
|NYC-1||Velvet Underground*||nyc (LP, Comp, Ltd, Unofficial, Blu)||Revisited Records||NYC-1||Australia||1989|
|009||Velvet Underground*||nyc (LP, Comp, RE, Unofficial, Cle)||The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label||009||Italy||1990|
|NYC-1, N.Y.C. 1.||Velvet Underground*||nyc (LP, Comp, Unofficial)||Revisited Records, Revisited Records||NYC-1, N.Y.C. 1.||Australia||1989|