Captain Beefheart + His Magic Band - It Comes To You In A Plain Brown Wrapper
- 11265 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 2184 downloads at 22 mb/s
|A1||Gimme Dat Harp Boy||3:30|
|A2||Dirty Blue Gene||2:41|
|A3||Beatle Bones N' Smokin' Stones Pt. 1 & 2||3:09|
|A4||Trust Us (Take 9)||7:20|
|B1||Safe As Milk (Take 12)||4:58|
|B2||Moody Liz (Take 8)||4:31|
|C1||Big Black Baby Shoes||4:48|
|C3||Korn Ring Finger||7:24|
|D1||Safe As Milk (Take 5)||4:10|
|D2||Trust Us (Take 6)||7:12|
|D3||Moody Liz (Take 16)||4:30|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Sundazed Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – T.T.G. Studios
- Mastered At – Sundazed Studios
- Designed At – Sundazed Music
- Manufactured By – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Produced For – Kama Sutra Productions, Inc.
- Bass – Jerry Handley
- Coordinator [Production] – Stephanie Kennedy
- Design [At Sundazed Music] – Bill Dhalle
- Design [Wrapper Text & Illustration] – Cal Schenkel
- Drums [Drumkit] – John French
- Engineer [Original Recordings] – Amy Andante*
- Liner Notes [Annotations By] – John French
- Mastered By – Bob Irwin
- Photography By [Gatefold Inner & Outer] – Jon Levicke
- Producer [Original Recordings] – Bob Krasnow
- Slide Guitar [Glass Finger] – Jeff Cotton
- Slide Guitar [Steel Appendage] – Alex St. Clair Snouffer
- Supervised By [Project Manager] – Tim Livingston
- Vocals, Harmonica, Shenai [Shehnai] – Don Van Vliet
Notes"All selections previously unavailable on vinyl" appears after the credits on the outer wrapper of this release, which was retailed as a 'Limited Edition'.
Packaged in a heavyweight oatmeal paper wrapper, overlapped at the back and hand-fastened by a strip of shiny brown packing tape. The wrapper is overprinted with black title & track list text, whilst the illustration is navy blue. Into this wrapper 'tube' slides the gatefold sleeve.
The sleeve is full-color varnish-print finished, with the cover shot oriented 90 degrees and overlapping onto back - being a full-length photo of Vliet playing his musette. The inside spread has a similar shot and a self-portrait sketch of John French to accompany his extensive liner notes.
Vinyl has pale yellow labels with tracks in hand-written style and discs numbered A, B, C, D.
Original material: Recorded November, 1967 at TTG Studios, Hollywood, California.
Produced for Kama Sutra Productions.
This production mastered at Sundazed Studios, Coxsackie, NY.
(The credit for the engineer is incorrect for one of the owners of TTG [an acronym for 'Two Terrible Guys'], Ami Hadani and Tom Hidley).
Mastered from the original analog recordings and pressed in 180 gram vinyl.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-Side run-out, hand-etched): P713130 AS27926 LP5217A poold
- Matrix / Runout (B-Side run-out, hand-etched): P713130 BS27926 LP5217B salt
- Matrix / Runout (C-Side run-out, hand-etched): P713130 AS27927 LP5217C salt
- Matrix / Runout (D-Side run-out, hand-etched): P713130 BS27927 LP5217D salt